Greetings newcomer (or returning visitor) and welcome to my website! My name is Andrew Hou and I'm a 4th year computer vision PhD student at Michigan State University (MSU) specializing in face editing and face modeling problems, especially face relighting, face reconstruction, view synthesis, and shadow synthesis/removal. I've also worked on other 3D vision problems such as monocular 3D object detection. I am fortunately advised by Dr. Xiaoming Liu and am a member of the Computer Vision Lab. Previously, I received my Bachelor of Science from Brown University in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science.
In summer 2021, I was a research intern at Bosch in Sunnyvale, California, where I was fortunate to work with Drs. Xinyu Huang, Liu Ren, and Sharath Gopal on foreign shadow removal from face portraits. I returned to Bosch as a research intern for summer 2022, where I worked on improving monocular 3D object detection performance.
- [09/2022] Our paper with Bosch on facial foreign shadow removal is accepted to BMVC 2022!
- [04/2022] I won a Best Poster Award at Michigan State University's 2022 Engineering Graduate Research Symposium for presenting my CVPR 2021 face relighting paper!
- [03/2022] Our paper with Qualcomm on face relighting using raytracing to improve hard shadow modeling is accepted to CVPR 2022!
- [03/2021] Our paper with Qualcomm on face relighting using shadow border losses to improve hard shadow modeling is accepted to CVPR 2021!
- [06/2019] I joined the Computer Vision Lab as a PhD student advised by Dr. Xiaoming Liu.
- [04/2019] I received the University Distinguished Fellowship from Michigan State University, the most prestigious fellowship awarded to only 20 incoming PhD students across the entire university (out of roughly 500 incoming PhD students each year). I am thankful that the fellowship will support both the 1st and 5th years of my PhD.
- [05/2018] I graduated from Brown University with a Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science!
Face Relighting with Geometrically Consistent Shadows
, Michel Sarkis, Ning Bi, Yiying Tong, Xiaoming Liu
Towards High Fidelity Face Relighting with Realistic Shadows
, Ze Zhang, Michel Sarkis, Ning Bi, Yiying Tong, Xiaoming Liu
Effect of Data Size on Performance of Free-text Keystroke Authentication
Jiaju Huang, Daqing Hou, Stephanie Schuckers, Zhenhao Hou
As one might expect from a computer vision researcher, I am generally very interested in visual content of all kinds including movies, anime, art, you name it. I'm also avid about board games, card games, fighting games, ...... you get the idea. Outside of my overwhelmingly geeky side, I also enjoy a wide range of sports including (but definitely not limited to) tennis, badminton, swimming, running, ice skating, and cross country skiing. Similar to most individuals, I also enjoy food!